1. I don't know anything about this topic.
2. Is there other types of computing apart from green computing?
What is the purpose of computing?
3.
-It is a way of using computers (technology) and the resources that wont affect in a bad way our environment.
-It is the study of building technology that wouldn't have a negative impact.
Take responsibility for crating ways to dispose electronic waste.
-Also known as green IT (Green Information Technology)
-Started in 1992 with the energy star program that created the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
-Many companies are investing on these research and technology to reduce the dangerous waste and use more recycled materials.
http://www.techopedia.com/definition/14753/green-computing
http://searchdatacenter.techtarget.com/definition/green-computing
5. Summary
This topic may relate to my life because we live in a time that we all should be aware about global warming and the causes of it. This doesn't mean that people will stop using their technology, but if we have the opportunity to make a difference by not getting out of our "comfort zone" will be very good. If I have the opportunity to buy technology that is Eco friendly, then I would, since I am getting what I want but I am also helping out. With Green Computing this will be possible.
6. Is there companies or organizations that are against this? Why?
No comments:
Post a Comment